PRAY FOR ITA
Pray for the LMC taking place in Davao City, Philippines, 18-28 June.
Thank the Lord for the course that took place El Salvador (Spanish), 15-26 May.
Pray for the virtual Chinese Relationship Matters Course taking place 17 May – 21 June, 2023.
Pray for the French-language LMC, or the PLM, taking place in Kinshasa, Republic of Congo, 3-14 September 2023. Lead trainer Augustin Longa asks for these special prayer requests:
- May this opportunity of running 2 trainings (on in Kinshasa and a second one inAbidjan) give us room to develop more trainers for the French-speaking world.
- We are targeting 30 participants. Please pray with us for this goal to be achieved. We’ll gladly welcome 36 with our team of 11 trainers.
- Some trainers (5 of them) are from organisations that are not ready to support flight tickets to Kinshasa. We are trusting on God’s provision to have the entire team on ground. This is a big challenge.
Thank the Lord with us for the completion of two LMC Online Courses in the first part of 2023:
- The Communications Matters Course, or CMC, taking place from January 19 through March 16, 2023. The members of the training team are: Lynn Rees, Ameeta Bahadur, Sheri Gray, Jeff Turnbough, and Ken Bishop.
- The sixth Relationship Matters Course, or RMC is taking place February 1 through March 8, 2023. The members of the training team are: Gary Griffith, Deb Borland, Robert Bryan, and Sharon Flath-Vignali.
Thank the Lord with us for the successful completion of two residential courses in late 2022:
- The French version of the Leadership Matters Course (or PLM) in Yaoundé, Cameroon, 17-28 October 2022.
- The English LMC in Lusaka, Zambia, November 6-18, 2022.
Thank the Lord with us for an encouraging 2022 ITA Council and Staff Meeting, November 9, 2022. In addition to encouraging reports from ITA partners around the world, the Council voted to reelect Deb Borland (Wycliffe USA) and Rex Booth (Caleb Leadership Ministries NZ) to another four years as ITA Board Members.
Thank the Lord with us for 12 LMC trainers who completed the six-week virtual Trainer Development Course on November 8, 2022, carried out by Jeff Turnbough, Crispus Christian, and ITA Board Chair Peter Nicoll.
Thank the Lord for the successful completion of six week virtual training course for Chinese-speaking LMC trainers, carried out by Londa Amundson (ITA Trainer Developer) and Sharon Flath-Vignali (ITA Chinese Language Coordinator).
Please pray for the ITA Management Team as we pray and make plans for 2023 and 2024.
Thank the Lord for the ITA Board and pray as they oversee the work of ITA.
Please pray for the Lord to impress on the hearts of His people to donate to ITA to finish 2022 well!
Thank the Lord with us for the successful completion of the first Working Together Matters (WTM) that took place 28 January to 25 March 2022. Thank the Lord for our training team (all volunteers!): Peter Nicoll (lead trainer), Crispus Christian, Ameeta Bahadur, Ken Bishop (producer). Please pray for the participants who took this course that God will use what they’ve learned to help make them more effective as well as to help others around them also be more effective.
Please pray as we plan for second Working Together Matters course for 2023. (Details will come on the LMC Registration page.)
Thank the Lord for the completion of the fifth Relationship Matters Course (RMC), this one that took place primarily for the Asia Region–11 March – 22 April. Thank the Lord for the training team: Roger Lang (lead trainer), Jaap den Butter (producer), Sopan Sok, Sheri Gray, Sharon Flath-Vignali, and Gary Griffith.
Please pray for the sixth RMC, this one for the Americas Region taking place 1 Feb – 8 March 2023. Pray for the training team: Ruth-Anne Gilbertson (lead trainer), Rick Kilbrai (producer), Robert Bryan, Gary Griffith, and Sharon Flath. Please pray for God to impress on the hearts of the leaders who need to sign up for this course.
Please pray for the partnership ITA has with Center for Leadership & Cultural Intelligence, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. Dr. Sharon Ng Ward has completed her PhD studying the LMC. The faculty has decided to continue studying the cross cultural leadership training via the PhD studies of yet another student in their program.
THANK God with us for His provisions for ITA/LMC! HE has been faithful in providing for our financial needs in the past! Please pray for God to impress upon the hearts of His people to give to ITA to supply the financial needs for 2022.
Thank the Lord with us for our ITA Partners. We met virtually November 12, 2021 and gave God thanks together for how He has continued to work around the world in spite of Coronavirus restrictions. The ITA Council unanimously approved Roger Lang to serve another 4-year term on the ITA Board. We welcomed new Council members Elizabeth Grace of Wise Choice for Life and Titus Prince of the Pakistani Partnership Initiative.
Pray for ITA colleagues around the world impacted by COVID-19 and now Omicron. Pray especially for our friends and colleagues in those places that are continuing to battle with infections and deaths–Lord, please have mercy! We THANK THE LORD for the vaccines and pray that they will be distributed around the world.
Join us thanking God for the third LMC Online: Relationship Matters Course that took place 20 August – 24 September 2021. We give thanks for the training team: Crispus Christian (lead trainer), Ken Bishop (producer), Ameeta Bahadur, Roger Lang, and Sharon Ward.
Thank the Lord with us for the encouraging second LMC Online: Relationship Matters Course that took place 8 May – 12 June 2021. We give God thanks for the training team: Crispus Christian (lead trainer), Ameeta Bahadur, Benji De Jesús, Elena Caperig, and Ken Bishop (producer).
Please pray with and for our partners in other countries around the world who are monitoring their local COVID situation to determine when we can plan the next residential LMC training effort there.
Pray for these current ITA initiatives:
- Pray for Lynn Rees, ITA’s Coordinator of Online Training, and Jeff Turnbough, CEO of ITA, completing the creation of the 4 LMC Online Courses.
- Thank the Lord for he LMC Curriculum Committee who worked to identify and communicate the essence of the LMC: Rex Booth (chair), Londa Amundson, Bob Bagley and Gary Griffith. They are now working on identifying and gathering an archive of relevant stories and modules to enhance the training in different cultural contexts around the world.
- LMC for Pastors: Please pray for this team’s work in adapting a new version of LMC specifically for pastors: Ruth-Anne Gilbertson, Jeff Turnbough, Rex Booth, and Michelle Derksen. Tentative plans target a launch date in September 2022.
Pray for ITA’s language initiatives:
- Pray for the Spanish LMC (CLI): Pray for Lety Cruz (Mexico) who serves as ITA’s Spanish language coordinator. .
- Pray for the French LMC (PLM): Pray for Allan Soudrain who leads our French training. Pray that God will raise up more African trainers.
- Pray for the Chinese LMC efforts: Praise the Lord and pray for Sharon Chai Flath-Vignali, organising and working to establish the team of Chinese-speaking trainers. Pray that God will encourage these trainers and participants to move this project forward to bless, encourage and energise Chinese leaders around the world.
Pray for ITA’s Management Team:
- Pray for Jeff Turnbough. Pray for Jeff and Susana Turnbough. Jeff is the CEO of the International Training Alliance and the ITA Executive Team. Ask God to give him His vision for the future of ITA, with the ability to effectively communicate this vision and wisdom to implement it.
- Pray for Crispus Christian. Crispus serves as ITA’s operations administrator. He also is the pastor of a CMA church in Mumbai. Pray for his wife Silvana.
- Pray for Londa Amundson. Londa works with trainer development. Pray for her and her husband Dick, who leads Tentmakers, an ITA partner.
- Pray for Jake Lapp. Jake serves as the ITA Chief Financial Officer (CFO). He does this as a volunteer, and in addition to his full-time role with the Evangelical Commission for Financial Accountability (ECFA). Thank God for his vital role with ITA, for God to give him special grace and strength, for his family, and for time for relaxation.
- Pray for Lynn Rees. Lynn serves as the Coordinator of ITA Online Training. Pray for Lynn as she works together with other senior ITA trainers to adapt the leadership skills of the residential Leadership Matters Course for online or virtual training.
Pray for much needed help for ITA: Please pray that God will supply people passionate about leadership development to help with the tasks needed to continue the ministry of training leaders around the world. See the current needs HERE.
Pray for God’s leadership for the future of ITA: As we set up teams in different countries and for different languages, we ask for God to guide and lead us. We thank Him for all He has done already, and for those who helped in the process. Philippians 1:9-11