2023 ITA Council and Staff Gathering
PRESENT: Crispus Christian (ITA), Deb Borland (Wycliffe), Roger and Helen Lang (CMA), Lety Cruz (ITA), Tinashe Mafuta (Zimbabwe), Reniel and Ana Nebab (CMA), Alain Soudrain (SIM/ITA), Rex Booth (C-NZ), Peter Nicoll (OM), Clint Morgan (IM), Dennis Jackson (GP), Wendy and Malcom Taylor (WO), Sharon Flath-Vignali (ITA), Lynn Rees (ITA), Jeff and Susana Turnbough (ITA).
APOLOGIES: Dick Amundson (Tentmakers), Brem Frentz, (CMA), Ken Graham (CMA Australia), Joel Ashton (World Horizons), Titus Prince (Pakistan Partnership Initiative), Augustine Longa (CAMO), Joyce Kidulu (Wise Choices for Life), Jeff Nichols (IM), Jake Lapp (ECFA).
REPORTS: The group received reports from all the members of the ITA Management Team as well as reports from all the ITA Council members present. There were also several videos with greetings from many of the Council members who were unable to attend.
- Re-elected Peter Nicoll (OM) and Jeff Nichols (IM/CEF) for another four-year term to the ITA Board.
- Elected Jake Lapp to the ITA Board, with the specific title of secretary/treasurer.
- Discussed at length in what ways partners and ITA can better benefit from our partnership.
- Decided to create a special packet for the future on-boarding of new partner representatives.
- Adopted a future structural direction for ITA—creating operating “hubs” to facilitate growth and cultural adaptation (such as with ITA Philippines, ITA Chinese, ITA French, and ITA Spanish Language, etc.). This will take several years to implement.
- Created a plan of action to search for and appoint the next ITA CEO to replace Jeff Turnbough when he steps down at the end of 2025.
- Received a very encouraging report from Dr Sharon Ng Ward who has dedicated much of her PhD research to the LMC.