We value diversity. In our training courses, both in terms of participants and trainer teams, we insist on diversity of organisations, denominations, nationalities, age and gender.
This makes for a richer training environment, augmenting leaders’ cross-cultural awareness. This is key for leaders in the 21st century! Plus, an added benefit of our training is the networking across the Body of Christ, which of course is also globally diverse.
Our hope is to help build bridges across generations, nationalities, and organisations that ultimately benefit global Kingdom progress.
12 December 2016. – The Council and the Executive Team of the International Training Alliance (ITA) convened 12 December 2016 to review 2016 activities and to look ahead to 2017. These are the highlights of the meeting:
- The Council and ITA Executive Team members expressed their love and appreciation to Edward David for his eight years of service to ITA and wished him God’s blessing as he leaves to resume full-time work with OM Ships.
- The Council voted unanimously to appoint Peter Nicoll (OM) as ITA Chairperson, taking over the role from Roger Lang at the March 2017 Council meeting.
- CPA Jake Lapp reported that ITA would end 2016 in the black, and presented the budget for 2017. The Council approved the budget. (See below.)
- Director of Operations Crispus Christian reported on 2017 LMCs
- CEO Jeff Turnbough reported on the activities of 2016, with ideas for 2017:
- Free Will Baptist International Missions donated $100,000 to ITA
- Global Partners offered $2,000 to fund finance ITA’s financial accountability
- Plan to hold a summit in March 2017 to entertain new ideas for ITA
- The ITA Council agreed to meet face-to-face in March 2017.